10.03.2009

Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes


Ingredients & Directions:
(adapted from Martha Stewart)

Peanut Butter Cupcakes

1/3 C Butter, softened
1/3 C Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 C Sugar
1/4 C Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 3/4 C Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/4 C Milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 18 standard muffin pan cups with foil baking cups. Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth; beat in sugars until mixed. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Bake about 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched and toothpicks inserted in centers come out clean. Remove cupcakes to racks to cool. Once completely cool, remove from foil baking cups.


I was snacking on a few (ok many) Reese's peanut butter cups and had already planned on spending the rainy Saturday baking. So, when I finally decided I wanted to make cupcakes I had the inspiration in my stomach. I've made peanut butter cupcakes before, but never the delicious combination of peanut butter & chocolate. I was going to change that today. Here is my attempt at recreating Reese's peanut butter cups in cupcake form. Try them and let me know what you think.


Chocolate Ganache

8 oz Chocolate Chips
1 C Heavy Cream

Bring the cream to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and stir until all the chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. It may look done after 1 minute of stirring, but keep going to be sure it's emulsified.


Once the ganache is cooled a little, dip the cupcakes covering the tops. Set back on the wire rack until the ganache is set and then eat.


I think the next time I make these I might dip the entire cupcake in chocolate, but other than that these were really tasty and satisfied my craving for peanut butter cups.

2 comments:

  1. God these looks super delicious, I can't wait to try them... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying these tonight. I had the ingrediants and a sweet tooth, so why not?

    ReplyDelete