5.10.2009

Lime Infused Sugar Cookies

I was reading pinch my salt and came across the recipe for lime infused sugar cookies and knew instantly I had to eat these. I was going to just copy their recipe, but unfortunately I didn't have cream of tartar. No big deal. I went to my recipe book, also know as google, and found something that I could modify for my needs.


I was making these cookies at my mother's house, she likes to bring extra dessert to work and tell people I made it (I know you're reading this Mom...hi), but she doesn't have a juicer or a zester, so I improvised. A fork makes a decent zester in a pinch; it's not as pretty, but the zest just gets mixed in with the dough anyway.




Ingredients
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
  • zest of one lime
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, vanilla, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix in the dry ingredients in to the wet in thirds. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.


Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.


6 comments:

  1. I want to eat these. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven!! You're awesome! So glad you got started on food blogging :) And these look delicious!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you use instead of cream of tarter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lime Juice is an acid and that's what I used as a cream of tartar substitution. Baking powder is also a substitution in some recipes. I used both to make these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog ROCKS!! cook for me please!!!
    YUUUUUUMM:-) hehe

    ReplyDelete